December 10, 2021
To Our Patients and Their Families:
We have just been made aware that the cardiologists at one of the other cardiology practices in our area have decided to no longer provide care at RWJ University Hospital Hamilton. We want to inform and assure the community that Hamilton Cardiology Associates is not going anywhere and we are here to provide full-service cardiac care to our community.
Hamilton Cardiology Associates has been the leader in cardiovascular care in Mercer County for over 30 years. Our founder, Dr. Mahmoud Ghusson, joined the medical staff at RWJUH Hamilton in 1988. Since that time, as our practice has grown, we have maintained an unwavering commitment to our patients, providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care.
We provide a full line of cardiovascular services including:
1. A robust group of clinical noninvasive cardiologists led by Dr. Ghusson and Dr. Ronald Ryder.
2. Five interventional cardiologists, led by Dr. Jay Patel, who perform cardiac catheterizations, coronary artery stenting, peripheral vascular interventions, carotid artery stenting, endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms, transcatheter aortic valve replacements, catheter-based treatment for pulmonary embolism, and endovenous ablation procedures.
3. Two cardiac electrophysiologists, Dr. Christina Wjasow and Dr. John Caplan, who provide consultative services as well as perform pacemaker procedures, defibrillator insertions and complex ablations.
4. Seven advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) who provide inpatient and outpatient care.
5. Robust outpatient testing services including echocardiography, vascular ultrasound, heart rhythm monitoring, and stress testing.
Combined, our physicians have provided nearly 200 years of service and care to our community and this will not change. The physicians, providers, and staff of Hamilton Cardiology Associates have been there for you and will continue to be there for our community.
The Physicians of Hamilton Cardiology Associates